Bible Reading Plan
From January 1, 2021 - December 31, 2022, we will be working through a Bible Reading Plan as a church. This is a two-year plan, which we hope everyone will feel able to engage with. If you are a higher volume reader, we encourage you to stay on pace by reading slower or listening longer. For those who find this plan overwhelming, we encourage you to read what you can each day; maybe it's one chapter, or maybe just half a chapter. In either case, we encourage you to practice the discipline of daily bible reading as a church family.
Should you fall behind, simply pick up on the scheduled reading for the date we're on; there is great benefit in reading the same passages as others, so that we can discuss them together.
Every weekday at 3:24pm on social media, we post a verse of the day with accompanying thoughts - be sure to engage with those as well and share what stood out to you!
You can follow this plan on your phone by downloading the YouVersion Bible app in the iTunes store or in Google Play. You will use your phone's account (Google or Apple) to create an account and once you do, follow these steps:
- Click on "Plans" at the bottom of your screen
- Select "Find Plans" at the top of your screen
- To search for the plan:
- ANDROID: touch the green search icon near the bottom right of your screen
- iPHONE: touch the search icon at the top right of your screen
- Search for "Two-Year Bible Reading Plan: Volume 1" (for 2021) and then "Two-Year Bible Reading Plan: Volume 2" (for 2022). These plans are by Riverside Church.
- Select "Start Plan"
- Choose if you want to read the plan by yourself, or with friends (you'll need to add friends by their email address)
- Choose "January 1" as your starting date
- Select/Add friends
- Start the reading plan!
Alternatively, you can download a PDF by clicking here.