Baptism & Membership
If you have any questions about Baptism or Membership, please click here to email Pastor Connie.
2019 Baptism Dates:
November 17 - Click here for class dates.
It’s a significant decision to make public a decision that we have made privately. We believe that baptism is a sign to the world that we have received God’s gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. We’ve turned from our own way and want to declare that we are giving ourselves totally to going God’s way. At South Abbotsford Church we baptize people upon confession of faith, a personal decision. We use the form of immersion because we believe it best signifies leaving our old life and rising to live our lives following God’s way.
If you wish to be baptized click here and fill out the form.
If you are 13 and under and wish to be baptized - please complete the Believer Baptism Worksheet for Children and Youth before submitting your baptism application.
Timeline for Adults
- The candidate attends one of our baptism classes
- The candidate attends one of our membership classes
- The candidate fills out an online baptism application form which is submitted to the church office
- The baptism candidates meet with the Deacons to present their testimony (along with the other candidates.) This may sound "scary" but it is a time to get to know others from our church, be encouraged and prayed for. The baptism candidates arrange a time to video their testimony – which will be played in a worship service on or around your baptism date
- The baptism candidates plan to be baptized in one of the upcoming baptism services
Timeline for Children 13 and Under
- Child indicates a desire to be baptized
- Parents and Pastor discern together if the child has a clear understanding using the "Discerning Together - Believer Baptism for Children and Youth" booklet as a tool (also available at the Welcome Center)
- If it is discerned the child is “ready” for baptism, he/she fills out the online baptism application form which is submitted to the church office
- The baptism candidates participate in a Baptism Class (with a parent or a mentor)
- The baptism candidates participate in a Membership Class (with a parent or a mentor)
- The baptism candidates meet with the Deacons to present their testimony (along with the other candidates)
- The baptism candidates arrange a time to video their testimony – which will be played in a worship service on or around your baptism dateThe baptism candidates plan to be baptized in one of the upcoming baptism services
Living as a Christ-follower was never designed to be a solo experience. As different parts of a physical body need each other, so we need each other as well. Committing to one particular community of faith gives us the opportunity to be known and know others, to be cared for and care for others, to be served and serve others. We are blessed by your desire to join our faith community at South Abbotsford Church. We anticipate God’s blessing as together we enthusiastically commit ourselves to encourage an atmosphere of belonging and connectedness in our church family. We also desire that you have the conviction that God has called you and God wants you to serve Him through the ministries at South Abbotsford Church. (2 Corinthians 5:14-21)
For those seeking membership at South Abbotsford Church, it is a requirement to be baptized as a believer, even if baptized as an infant. For more information about the MB Confession of Faith – please click here.
If you wish to become a member, please click here to fill out the form.