Kids Outdoor Zone (KOZ)
Kids Outdoor Zone was founded around the need for fatherless boys to have male role models demonstrate life as a Godly man and to learn more about the outdoors. Boys from various backgrounds are welcome to come to KOZ.
If you have any questions regarding KOZ please don’t hesitate to ask. Click here to connect with our KOZ Team.
Follow us on Instagram for regular updates and information.
To apply for your son to attend KOZ, please follow the steps below.
- Read through this entire page and all instructions.
- Click here to fill out the application form. Once we have received your application, our team will review it and contact you to let you know if we are able to accommodate at the current capacity (Please note: a submitted application form does not guarantee entrance into the program as we have to maintain a safe ratio of leaders to participants). Please save the copy to your computer and email it to email@example.com, so we can print your completed form and have it at your first event for you to sign. We must receive your application by Thursday noon before the event.
- Click here to read the waiver. You will be required to read it again with your boy when you bring him for registration at his first event. Insurance requires that you read through it with him and explain it as best as you can. (Signatures will be required AT the event in the presence of a witness, not before). Waivers will be provided to sign at the event.
- Once a KOZ leader contacts you to confirm your application is accepted and there is room in the program, bring your son to the next meeting to sign the waiver at South Abbotsford Church at 8:15 am and stay for a short safety briefing. A parent or guardian of the participant MUST attend the briefing.
- Pick up your son 12:30 pm at South Abbotsford Church.
- For boys aged 8-18 (fathers are welcome)
- Occurs the second Saturday of every month, year-round
- Runs 8:25am - 12:30pm. Punctuality is critical
- Boys will be fed lunch.
- Meet at the church, where we will head off-site for activities. (NOTE: Some events are extended overnight campouts, so if you are new to KOZ, please check in to see what is planned).
- Activities will be outdoors, whether there is rain, snow or sun. Please dress accordingly.