Community Christmas Dinner
Scroll down for toiletries kit information/details
We are grateful to be partnering again with MCC and Lifeline Ministries (Blue Bus) on Sunday, December 12, to provide a full turkey dinner to their guests, as well as toiletries kits, as we did last year, at the MCC location on Gladys Avenue. This event will be held outdoors.
Our plan is to be able to have volunteers this year with kit assembly, food preparation, serving at MCC, and clean up.
We are planning food for 150 guests, and we also want to hand out 100 toiletries kits! We want to make sure we’re creating a balanced experience for the guests, so we are asking that all the kits be fully assembled and as close to the sample kit as possible.
You can make a kit as a household, or if the cost of a kit is more than you're able to manage, why not get another household to join with you and together create a kit? Or as a Life Group/Church at Home group, have everyone pitch in a dollar amount they can afford, and then create the number of kits that contribution will make? There are lots of options, and it's a great, practical way to express love and care to these guests!
We will be packing the kits into hand-made cloth tote bags so that guests have a reusable bag after as well.
Our aim is to create 100 gender neutral kits that are as scent-free as possible, and with quality brands because our guests deserve them! If you're unable to find these specific items, please simply choose an alternative item that is the same size, is a good brand name, and is as unscented as possible.
Kit drop off deadline is Sunday, November 28th at noon at the church. Kits can be dropped off during regular office hours, or before/after service on November 28.
SAMPLE - These items were purchased at Superstore Abbotsford; the total cost for the kit was around $75. Items are listed individually below, including size.
If you want to participate but are unable to do the shopping for any reason, financial donation is welcome, allowing our shopping volunteers to put kits together. Donation to the Toiletries Kits is not available online. Please donate by e-transfer, debit/credit, cheque or cash, and indicate "Community Christmas Dinner" with your giving.
- Dove Daily Moisture Shampoo. 355mL - $3.98
- Dove Daily Moisture Conditioner. 355mL - $3.98
- Dove Sensitive Skin soap bar (3-pack). 3 x 106g - $4.48
- Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. 532mL - $11.48
- Aveeno Positively Smooth Shave Gel. 198g - $6.98
- Gillette Venus Sensitive Disposable razors (3 pack). $7.98 You can also choose to purchase the Gillette Mach 3 Sensitive Disposable razors (3 pack) for $7.98
- Live Clean Fragrance-Free Deodorant. 71g/2.5oz - $6.98
- Colgate Cavity Protection Toothpaste, Regular. 120mL - $2.00
- Colgate 360 soft toothbrush. $2.98
- Oral-B Glide Comfort Plus Floss. 40m - $3.48
- Nivea Essential Lip Balm. 2 x 4.8g - $3.25
- Quo Oval Paddle Brush. 10" long (slightly longer than an adult hand from thumb to pinkie when extended) - $9.00
- Nail clippers