Lent is soon upon us (March 2 – April 18) and we want to provide you with an opportunity to “Journey Together Through Lent” with others from South Abbotsford Church. Lent is the season of the global church where we are given the opportunity to enter into the discipline of giving up something in order to create more space for God to speak into our lives, draw us closer, and prepare us to fully live into His death and resurrection. Ask yourself these questions:
“Where in my life do I need to acknowledge my humanness and renounce my sinfulness? What are the disciplines that will help me return to God with all my heart?”
Let’s take time to journey together during this special season as we seek His transformation in us personally, but also in community with others.
Some of the options that will be available for you to engage in are:
- An excellent online daily devotional by 24-7 prayer called Lectio 365
- There is also a “family” option that you can do with your kids
- A weekly podcast by Dr. Ruth Haley Barton (outstanding author and leader)
- A weekly Lent Reflection written by RHB
- Scripture readings for that week of Lent.
- You can choose to read and interact with others on the book “The Gift of Being Yourself” by David Benner. This is an excellent little book on spiritual identity that “exposes the false selves that you may hide behind and calls you to discover the true self that emerges from your uniqueness in Christ” (from the book description).
- Each week will have opportunity for you to respond to reflection questions in a forum where you can interact with each other.
How much you participate each week is up to you! This is not a course. It’s simply a way for you to intentionally engage this Lenten season personally or with others.
You can find more information and how to register by clicking the button below. Let’s Journey Together Through Lent!