Food and Friendship
Food and Friendship is a partnership with Lifeline Outreach and MCC in which we serve a nutritious meal to the marginalized and homeless of our community one Sunday each month. The day is generally made up of 3 shifts, and volunteers choose which they want to participate in.
- Noon - 3:00pm Preparation: Be part of cooking a nutritious meal and help them put together bags of groceries for distribution. This takes place at the Lifeline Centre, located at #12 - 26157 Fraser Highway in Aldergrove.
- 3:30 - 5:30pm Meal: Help serve dinner and distribute grocery bags. Spend time interacting with our meal guests - they love to chat! This takes place at the MCC facility on Gladys Avenue in Abbotsford.
- 6:00 - 8:00pm Clean Up: This takes place back at the Lifeline Centre, located at #12 - 26157 Fraser Highway in Aldergrove.
If you are interested in getting involved, please click here to email Pastor Matt.
The Warm Zone Ministry at South Abbotsford Church is an Outreach program that allows us an opportunity to show God's love and compassion to street-challenged women in our community through practical provisions. We partner with the Women's Resource Society of the Fraser Valley in caring for these women. We also hold an Annual Dessert Fundraiser Night in the November time-frame to provide time of sharing and to give updates about the ministry.
Our ultimate goal is to share the Hope of the Gospel by building meaningful relationships with these women.
Various opportunities include blanket making, cooking, baking, serving, mentoring women, preparing food/care hampers (done annually), and occasional construction projects.
If you think this ministry would be an area of interest for you, please contact Julie Neufeld.
Blessing others with a meal, to show them God's love. Here's how it works...
We need YOUR help in recommending people. Here are a few ideas...People who have had a baby recently, lost a loved one, lost a job, single moms, someone who is coming home from the hospital, or has a loved one in the hospital, or someone who is just having a bad day and needs to be shown a bit of love.
Email us and we will get in touch with you about the details!
- Sign up to receive an email notification when meals are required.
- After receiving the request email, log in to Take Them A Meal with the password love. Last name of all recipients will be SAC
- Choose one or MORE of the listed people and sign up for a selected date to provide a meal. (Some will be freezer only meals, some will be for the day of).
- As you are cooking, pray for those who will be receiving the meal
Take Them A Meal
Last name of all recipients - SAC
Password - love
We recognize that God has had his hand of favor on us. Our program has received recognition by the prison staff as being both credible and valuable so they have continued their support. We have also seen the lives that have been affected and are now seeing some of these same men released back into our community and plugging into local churches to continue to grow in their faith.