The Permanent Revolution
Ephesians 3:20-21 envisages a church that is dynamic and transformative; with the capacity to move from one generation to the next; nothing less than a permanent revolution. Ephesians 4 lays out important and often overlooked instructions in verses 7-18. We are to equip the body to bring the church into maturity. But without all five essential ministries activated (4:11) – the apostles, prophets, evangelists, shepherds, and teachers (APEST) – the church cannot grow and mature.
“When we stop dreaming, we start dying. You can live without pursuing a dream, you can function without passion, but with each passing moment, your soul will become more and more anemic.” Erwin McManus
“I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus. I’m off and running and I’m not turning back.” The Apostle Paul
We can so easily lose the clarity of our calling – to follow Jesus. Perhaps you’re feeling a little stuck and you’re ready to grab onto something that is challenging, something that can satisfy that gnawing hunger in your soul.
The Permanent Revolution Playbook is based on the Book of Ephesians, and can assist us to clarify our calling.
We’re looking for 8-12 people who are willing to commit to two key elements:
- Surrender 20-30 minutes per day and replace it with an engaging learning experience:
- Day 1 – Exploration
- Day 2 – Meditation
- Day 3 – Change
- Day 4 – Action
- Day 5 – Synergy - Sunday Group Meeting
- Day 6 – Calibration
- Day 7 – Recreate – listen, reflect, celebrate
- Join a small group: (limited to 12 people)
- When: Sunday mornings: 10:45am – 12:00pm, Oct. 15, 22, 29; Nov. 5, 19, 26
- Where: The Chapel at South Abbotsford Church
- What: Committing to six weeks of studying The Permanent Revolution Playbook
- Who: Pastor Ed Balzer leads the exploration