Men's & Women's Ministry
We are currently in a season of exploring a revitalization of this ministry. Please check back for updates.
Men's Ministry at South Abbotsford is called IMPACT - Inspiring Men Purposed Around Christ’s Truth.
During the ministry season, we have several events offered for men and boys (some age recommendations on some events). Please click on the boxes below for information, contact and registration information, if applicable.
Each year there are a few Saturday morning breakfasts for Men from 8:00-9:30am. Each morning features a different guest speaker with a message or testimony. All breakfasts are by donation and we welcome you inviting whomever you please!
Men are welcome to bring their sons aged 12+ to join us for the morning.
Please check our calendar for the next date. Online RSVP is available for two weeks leading up to the breakfast, closing the Thursday before.
This is a video series with Dr. Robert Lewis which we will have small group discussions around, starting November 6. The questions addressed in this series are:
- How on earth did we get here?
- How do we know the Bible is true?
- How should we define marriage?
- How should we think about heaven?
- How does Christianity relate to other religions?
- How does the Bible say the world will end?
For more information and to register, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Is God calling you to join the Elijah Force to intentionally pray for our Pastors?
James 5:16b-17: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective. Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced crops."
God has raised up a band of Spiritual Warrior Brothers who have a heart, love and passion to pray over and for those God has placed in authority over us, the Pastors at South Abbotsford Church. God has designed us as men to be spiritual leaders and to resist spiritual passivity.
How it works is, each man is asked to pray and seriously consider the following responsibilities before committing to becoming apart of the Elijah Force. The commitment involves:
- One day per month of individual time to pray 1/2-1 hour for the pastoral team of South Abbotsford Church on his designated day. (The pastors provide monthly "prayer needs and praise news")
- Once per month the Elijah Force individually support-teams also meet with one of the pastors for a time of prayer covering. This is critical, not only a physical demonstration of our commitment to our pastors but also our stand against the spiritual forces of evil to protect our leaders. In addition, this is an opportunity to build relationships and trust.
- The entire Elijah Force along with the pastors meet 3 times per year at the church for a time of corporate prayer. This is a time to corporately lock shields and gather around our pastors.
- A commitment to a minimum one year term.
Currently, there are about 30 men on the Elijah Force team. If you are interested in joining the Elijah Force or have questions, click here to email the team.